Posted by LawtonMD on April 4, 2017
With a wide range of minimally invasive options, along with the continued refinement of surgical procedures and advancements in technology, today’s cosmetic treatments are more accessible than ever.
They’re more popular than ever, too — in 2016, the number of procedures performed to help people improve their appearance and boost their confidence continued to grow. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, patients underwent 17.1 million procedures in the U.S., a 3% increase over 2015.
Here are the top surgical and minimally invasive treatments chosen by patients in 2016. Is one right for you?
- Breast augmentation (290,467 procedures, up 4% from 2015)
- Liposuction (235,237 procedures, up 6%)
- Nose reshaping (223,018 procedures, up 2%)
- Eyelid surgery (209,020 procedures, up 2%)
- Facelifts (131,106 procedures, up 4%)
Minimally invasive procedures
- Botulinum Toxin Type A (7 million procedures, up 4%)
- Soft tissue fillers (2.6 million procedures, up 2%)
- Chemical peel (1.36 million procedures, up 4%)
- Laser hair removal (1.1 million procedures, down 1%)
- Microdermabrasion (775,000 procedures, down 3%)
If you’re thinking about joining the growing number of people using cosmetic procedures to restore their youthful appearance and improve their self-image, contact Dr. Tenley Lawton today. A board-certified and renowned Newport Beach plastic surgeon, she is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care while achieving natural results.