Posted by LawtonMD on November 2, 2017
As the seasons change, your skin’s needs change. And what you do today can help keep you looking younger and fresher tomorrow. With that in mind, and with fall and winter weather on the way, here are five tips to keep your skin protected.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen. Even when the weather is cold and you’re covered up, usually your face is still exposed. Protect it with sunblock — those UV rays are getting through, even though it might not feel like it, and they will do damage to your skin.
- Moisturize more. Moisturizing is important at any time of year, but particularly so during fall and winter. You might consider using a heavier moisturizer, or using more of your favorite. It’s a good idea to use a moisturizing mask once or twice a week, too.
- Moisturize the air. Having the heat on can dry out the air in your home, which means it can dry out your skin, too. So add some moisture to your everyday environment with a humidifier. You don’t have to humidify your entire house, either — your bedroom is probably enough if you’re away at work most days.
- Keep yourself hydrated, too. Staying hydrated benefits your overall health, and that includes your skin. If you aren’t getting enough water, skin can get dry and flaky, no matter what the weather is like. That can lead to wrinkles.
- Consider dry brushing. An ancient practice, dry brushing helps loosen dead skin cells and remove them, so your skin is smoother and softer. It also can help clear pores and even boost your circulation — give it a try!
Need more help with your skin care regimen? Newport Beach plastic surgeon Dr. Tenley Lawton offers a wide array of treatments and products to keep your skin — and you — looking fresh and youthful. Contact our office today to learn more!