Today’s plastic surgery doesn’t fit the stereotypes of old — and neither do today’s plastic surgery patients. More men than ever are choosing to enhance their appearance and bolster their confidence, both personally and professionally, with the help of surgeons such as Dr. Tenley Lawton.
What are they having done? According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, these were the five most common procedures for men in 2014:
1. Rhinoplasty (nose surgery): This surgery can be performed for health-related concerns, such as reshaping the nose after an accident, or for purely cosmetic reasons. The ideal result is a nose that enhances a person’s appearance, rather than detracting from it.
2. Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift): Men often want to smooth bags under their eyes and fix drooping eyelids, and this procedure, which removes excess fat and skin, can have an immediate, rejuvenating impact.
3. Gynecomastia (breast reduction): Hormonal changes, genetics, medication and other factors can cause men to develop enlarged breasts — a condition that is more common than many realize. Gynecomastia provides a firmer, flatter, more contoured chest, and usually, a significant impact on a patient’s confidence.
4. Liposuction (localized fat removal): When patients are unable to achieve the toned look they desire through diet and exercise, sometimes liposuction is the answer. It effectively targets stubborn areas that haven’t responded to traditional toning methods, while causing minimal scarring.
5. Rhytidectomy (facelift): Men are not immune to the pressures of society, which often places a premium on a youthful appearance. A facelift can help soften the effects of aging, whether or not it is done with another procedure such as a forehead lift or eyelid surgery. And modern techniques help results look more natural than ever.
Hundreds of thousands of men annually also choose to have non-surgical procedures, such as Botox® injections and laser hair removal.
If you’re a man considering a cosmetic procedure, you aren’t alone — the number of men who are having plastic surgery continues to increase year after year. And it’s important that you find not only a qualified surgeon, but also one who will put you at ease. Dr. Lawton’s compassion sets her apart. Get in touch with us today to learn more.