Microneedling is one of the most popular and effective procedures available for improving skin tone and texture. Benefits include a reduction in acne scarring, a more even complexion, and removal of hyperpigmentation.
What Happens During a Microneedling Treatment?
When you first arrive for microneedling treatment at our clinic, you’ll enter the treatment room. Your provider will make sure you’re comfortable and then will begin the procedure.
Microneedling treatment does not involve any incisions. Instead, an applicator called the SkinPen® is used to make microscopic punctures in your skin.
Puncturing the skin might sound like a strange thing to do, but it can make a tremendous difference to your complexion. By creating tiny puncture wounds, the treatment encourages the dermis to activate its latent rejuvenation potential. Microneedling provides a kind of mild shock that encourages the skin to renew and revitalize, dealing with a host of common complaints (such as acne scarring) along the way.
During microneedling sessions, needles create tiny 2mm punctures in the top layer of skin cells. The SkinPen’s® needles are so small that they should not cause bleeding. The shape of the device provides Dr. Lawton and her team with exceptional control, allowing them to apply it to areas of skin requiring it the most rejuvenation.
Microneedling tricks the body into thinking it needs to repair itself. Following treatment, healing factors rush to the face, bringing collagen and repair compounds with them. After several days, the skin looks fresher and younger.
Microneedling Consultations Available
Are you considering getting microneedling? If so, check out these incredible benefits the treatment offers:
- Treat multiple skin complaints in a single session: Microneedling can address complaints including scarring, wrinkles, acne, alopecia, skin pigmentation issues, stretch marks, and rosacea. It may also be able to counteract loose skin following weight loss and liposuction.
- Get long-lasting results: Microneedling encourages the skin to produce more collagen, helping to keep it looking plump and vibrant long term.
- Avoid downtime: Microneedling is an entirely non-surgical intervention, meaning you can get back to your regular activities immediately.
- Pair it with other treatments for synergistic results: Many patients who go to Dr. Lawton’s clinic for microneedling combine the procedure with other proven treatments, including platelet-rich plasma. This approach, sometimes called a Vampire Facelift, provides many of the benefits of a traditional surgical procedure, but without the associated downtime.
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Systematic reviews (one of the strongest forms of evidence) find the microneedling reduces fine line and wrinkle visibility while also fighting enlarged pores and stretch marks.
Awesome ! Dr. Lawton was very straightforward and has a great bedside manner . Erin was beyond helpful especially in the size selection process for my implants !
Am I a Candidate for Microneedling Treatments?
You might be a suitable candidate for microneedling if you have fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, regions of hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, stretch marks, or sagging skin.
Bleeding does not usually occur during microneedling. However, people with bleeding disorders or who are currently taking blood-thinning medications should consult with Dr. Tenley Lawton before receiving treatment.
Take the Next Step
Would you like to learn more about microneedling? Simply fill out the form on this page or call Tenley K. Lawton M.D. at (949) 640-0999 to schedule your consultation with Board-Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Tenley Lawton. Proudly serving Newport Beach and the greater Orange County, CA area.
*Individual Results May Vary.