Getting wrinkles is a natural part of life. Dynamic wrinkles – those that form when changing your facial expression – begin at birth. However, as you get older, you may develop static wrinkles – lines that remain even when you feel like you’re relaxing all your facial muscles.
The good news is that there are a host of wrinkle-reduction treatments you can use to target various types of wrinkles on your face. What’s more, they’re super effective.
About Anti-Aging Injectables
There are generally two kinds of anti-aging injectables: those that inactivate facial muscles that cause wrinkles, and those that attempt to “fill” furrows in your face, making lines appear reduced.
Botox® is an FDA-cleared injectable designed to temporarily reduce facial wrinkling. The substance comes from Clostridium botulinum bacteria and works by inactivating furrow-causing muscles in the face.
Dr. Lawton carefully injects tiny quantities of the substance into the areas you’d like to target (such as your brow line). After treatment, the underlying muscles relax, thereby smoothing out the facial tissue above. Lines and wrinkles appear reduced with no need for surgery.
Juvederm® is a family of dermal fillers designed to “plump up” and fill out wrinkles. The brand offers fillers for cheek volume loss and wrinkles (Juvederm® Voluma), deep facial wrinkles (Juvederm® Vollure), lip volume and mouth wrinkles (Juvederm® Volbella), loss of facial volume (Juvederm® Ultra Plus), and thinning lips (Juvederm® Ultra).
The active ingredient in all these dermal fillers is hyaluronic acid, a molecule that naturally attracts moisture. It provides immediate plumping and induces long-term collagen production in the dermis for more youthful-looking skin.
Injectable Consultations Available
Benefits of Anti-Aging Injectables
Dr. Tenley Lawton and the team identify multiple benefits of anti-aging injectables.
- Target multiple areas of the face: Anti-aging injectables can target multiple areas of the face, including lip lines, nasolabial folds (smile lines), Marionette lines (lines on the chin), bunny lines, crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead lines.
- Prevent new wrinkles from forming: Both Juvederm® and Botox® also help to prevent new wrinkles from forming. Botox® does this by relaxing facial muscles, reducing the intensity of skin folding. And Juvederm® does it by increasing the production of the skin’s natural, anti-wrinkle agents, such as collagen.
- Entirely non-surgical: While some patients benefit tremendously from facelifts, many would like to explore non-surgical options first. Both Juvederm® and Botox® provide unique non-invasive mechanisms of action to reduce wrinkles and generate a more youthful appearance.
- Safe and FDA-cleared: Both Botox® and Juvederm® are incredibly safe procedures. They are both FDA-cleared and used by millions of patients every year. Juvederm®’s active ingredient, hyaluronic acid, is already found in high concentrations in the skin and is non-toxic, even in high doses.
Am I a Candidate for Botox® and/or Juvederm®
You may be a candidate for Botox® and/or Juvederm® if:
- You have lines around your forehead, nose, mouth, chin, or cheeks
- You have lost facial volume on your cheeks or temple
- Your lips are thinning and you want to add volume
- You have lines above your lips
Awesome ! Dr. Lawton was very straightforward and has a great bedside manner . Erin was beyond helpful especially in the size selection process for my implants !
Take the Next Step
Would you like to learn more about wrinkle reduction treatments? Simply fill out the form on this page or call Tenley K. Lawton M.D. at (949) 640-0999 to schedule your consultation with Board-Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Tenley Lawton. Proudly serving Newport Beach and the greater Orange County, CA area.
*Individual Results May Vary.