The range of plastic surgery options to help shape your body and refine your appearance is quite varied, but year after year, the most popular cosmetic procedures don’t seem to change much.
Part of that is because they target areas that have a big impact on self-confidence, of course. But it’s also because when they are performed by a skilled and caring surgeon such as Dr. Tenley Lawton, the results don’t just look beautiful — they look natural as well.
How can we help enhance your look? Here are the five most popular procedures for women in 2014, as reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
- Breast augmentation: Women often choose breast implants for reasons that go beyond simply wanting to be “bigger.” Some have breasts with reduced volume as a result of pregnancy, aging or weight loss, and seek firmness in addition to increased fullness; others want to have asymmetrical breasts restored to a more balanced appearance.
- Liposuction (localized fat removal): Sometimes, diet and exercise just don’t do the trick when it comes to a few stubborn areas on the body. In these instances, liposuction frequently is a good option, because it targets specific areas to remove fat and provide a toned look.
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift): Poorly defined eyes can impact your entire facial appearance, so many patients choose this surgery, which in addition to improving tone can make eyes appear more vivid and bright.
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery): Often, this surgery is performed for health reasons, such as after an accident has occurred and the nose needs to be reset or reshaped. However, it’s a very popular procedure with people who simply don’t like the way their nose fits their face, and want a look that is more complementary.
- Rhytidectomy (facelift): While a facelift won’t stop the aging process, it does have a lasting effect, providing women with a younger appearance. It’s often performed with other procedures on this list, such as an eyelid lift or nose procedure.
Of course, millions of women each year select non-surgical treatments such as Botox® injections and laser hair removal.
Any of these procedures can help you look and feel your best — especially if you work with a skilled, compassionate surgeon who will create a comprehensive plan to achieve your goals. Contact Dr. Lawton in Newport Beach to start working on your plan today.