Which Areas Are Most Affected By Childbirth and Nursing?
Lots of areas are subject to change during and after pregnancy. It’s super taxing on the body– between skin laxity and hormones, you’re guaranteed to feel different after everything is all said and done. Finding the time to get your body back to normal can feel like an uphill battle. You may find yourself subject to the following:
- Abdominal Stretch Marks
- Excess Skin on Abdomen/Tummy Area
- Unwanted Volume Around Hips and Thighs
- Asymmetrical Breasts
- Uncomfortable Changes in Breast Volume
- Sagging Breasts
- Changes in Skin Type
Everyone’s body changes in different ways during the initial phases of motherhood. If you find any of the above relatable, a mommy makeover may be right for you. We specialize in alleviating new mothers of these concerns–being a mother of two herself, Dr. Lawton is passionate about helping you overcome these obstacles.
What Are The Most Common Procedures?
Mommy makeovers are very customizable. We’re able to tailor each procedure to your needs. There are some procedures, however, that are more popular than others. As a result, we recommend that those considering a mommy makeover know about the following basic procedures and how they can help:
- Breast Lift: Can help new mothers combat volume loss due to breastfeeding and stretched skin, allowing for the repositioning of the breast to where it was post-pregnancy. It can also combat asymmetry.
- Tummy Tuck: Helps to restore the abdomen after extreme stretching. This procedure can get rid of excess skin and reposition the abdominal muscles to a more comfortable place.
- Liposuction: Alleviates stubborn pockets of fat around the hips and thighs that may have developed during pregnancy.
These are usually recommended as a base for any mommy makeover– less common procedures include Botox, dermal fillers, injectables, and breast augmentation.