What is Liposuction?
The term liposuction refers to a class of fat reduction techniques that physically removes fat from the body. Dr. Tenley Lawton uses a range of techniques including:
- Laser-assisted liposuction
- Power-assisted liposuction
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction
- Standard liposuction
Newer techniques create more desirable outcomes and shorter recovery times. The one suitable for you depends on the quality of your skin and the amount of fat you need to remove.
Who is a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
The best candidates for liposuction are people of healthy weight who want to remove pockets of fat from specific areas of the body.
Liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure. However, you can use it to remove stubborn adiposity on your stomach, buttocks, thighs, and other parts of the body. The purpose of the treatment is to provide that final push you need to get the figure you’ve always wanted.
Ideally, candidates for liposuction are patients who have fat deposits that are out of proportion with the rest of their bodies.
They should also be people who are:
- Eating well and exercising regularly
- Within 20-30 percent of their ideal body weight
- Able to maintain a stable weight in the months and years following the procedure.
- Positive and realistic about what liposuction can achieve